WHO WE ARE
Sirle left her corporate job to found Upower after becoming aware of the lack of support available for women. She holds a BA in legal studies, MBA in Strategic Leadership and has commenced her doctorate at USQ to research how to help females succeed. Sirle has a heart for seeing women of all ages, backgrounds and ethnicities reach their potential and thrive in their workplaces and businesses. She believes that given the opportunity, women with passion and purpose will make a difference.
Finance and Corporate Governance Officer
Troy joined the Upower team as Finance and Corporate Governance Officer and holds a Bachelor of Commerce Accounting. He has a rich history in community service and not-for-profit roles and he is passionate about giving others a hand up when needed. He loves giving people the right tools and knowledge to achieve their goals. He believes that Upower makes a tangible difference in women’s business and personal lives.
Film, Production and Editing Manager
Emma is the Film, Production and Editing Manager at Upower Leadership Program. With a keen eye for detail and a passion for all things creative, Emma works to inspire and encourage women through visual and creative mediums. Emma joined the Upower Leadership Program in 2017 to further her knowledge and skillset in the business industry. Emma hopes that by following her passions through Upower, she can support and encourage women in achieving their success.
PR Media Advisor and Journalist
Jari joined the Upower Leadership Program team as a PR Media Advisor and Journalist. She holds a Bachelor of Journalism from The University of Queensland. She has majored in social work/social sciences, and hopes to continue writing about social justice issues. She is passionate about seeing women break social barriers of any kind, and is proud to be part of an organisation that is centred on encouraging and mentoring women, and creating a community that is a haven for these women.
Fundraising and Events Manager
Linda joined the Upower team as Fundraising and Events Manager. She is passionate about helping and supporting mothers successfully return to the workforce and thrive in their roles. She loves helping women regain their confidence through engagement and training. She strongly believes in Upower’s mission and loves being part of a team that makes a real difference in the lives of women in Australia.
- What is networking? Where can we network? How and why do we network? It’s a big one to tackle. Networking is all about exchanging information …Read More »
- There are so many things to think about when starting a business. We cross off one task, only to discover we didn’t think of ten …Read More »
- When starting a business or project, we often list the tasks that need to be done. But how do we keep accountable? Project plans are …Read More »
- Money. We all want it …. but how do we get it? We need to set achievable goals in our business to get the cash flow …Read More »
- How do you market your business? How do you market yourself? It’s definitely a skill to be able to brand ourselves in a way that …Read More »