WHAT WE DO
We are Australia’s No. 1 training organisation for women!
We are all struggling with some aspects of our lives. Sometimes we don’t feel appreciated enough, other times we struggle with confidence. Australian women in business are struggling mainly because of a lack of support systems.
Upower is determined to give you an opportunity to become successful, get your skills recognised, and have the money and lifestyle you always wanted. Our non-profit organisation empowers females to branch out and create their own business, or to join or return to the workforce.
Upower supports and trains women of all ages and social backgrounds. Whether you are new to Australia, fresh out of high school, a young mother, or retiree, this program gives you the tools you need to thrive in today’s local and global markets. Our program and relationships with industry leaders, mentors, and other small business owners will support you and give you the tools to succeed. The program is a safe place to share ideas, learn and practice leadership strategies. You will come away with amazing networking opportunities and the ability and confidence to flourish in your chosen career.
The Program will be run in a series of weekly interactive and fun workshops – no boring lectures! Our facilitators and experts are friendly, relatable and very easy to follow. We also offer customised workshops and mastermind groups.
More than one million women in Australia are not engaged in work related activities, and the youth and senior unemployment rate is currently very high. If we raise the number of females engaging in small business and other work related activities by six per cent in Australia, it will add up to $25 billion to our national GDP.
Upower is the only capacity building program in Australia that is based on research that identifies and works to remove barriers that face women transitioning into work related activities and entrepreneurship.
Upower is passionate about changing the face of Australian small business. We want to see women succeed and build professional relationships that involve championing each other. Our involvement with women in regional and rural areas has helped to counter the obvious struggles that come with geographical isolation. We assist rural clients in networking with appropriate businesses or individuals that can catapult their career.
- What is networking? Where can we network? How and why do we network? It’s a big one to tackle. Networking is all about exchanging information …Read More »
- There are so many things to think about when starting a business. We cross off one task, only to discover we didn’t think of ten …Read More »
- When starting a business or project, we often list the tasks that need to be done. But how do we keep accountable? Project plans are …Read More »
- Money. We all want it …. but how do we get it? We need to set achievable goals in our business to get the cash flow …Read More »
- How do you market your business? How do you market yourself? It’s definitely a skill to be able to brand ourselves in a way that …Read More »